Username: Password:

Author Topic: Scripts function  (Read 3459 times)

Offline Svennebanan

• Bug
  • Cookies 0
  • I love Mindee-BOT!
    • View Profile
Scripts function
« on: January 25, 2020, 01:21:57 PM »
Hey mindee!
It’s seems to be very useful tool the script function. But is very difficult to experiment with the scrips function if the script is not explaining properly. I am not a programmer and is like to learn Chinese but without the translation in your language. So I wonder if you can maybe have a workshop for dummies?

Offline =Mindee=

• Commander Shepard
  • BOT Developer Administrator
  • Dragon
  • Cookies 9020
  • We'll bang, OKAY?
    • View Profile
    • http://mindee-bot.com
Re: Scripts function
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2020, 02:58:36 PM »
Hey mindee!
It’s seems to be very useful tool the script function. But is very difficult to experiment with the scrips function if the script is not explaining properly. I am not a programmer and is like to learn Chinese but without the translation in your language. So I wonder if you can maybe have a workshop for dummies?

There is a list of methods and callbacks.
Also I will release more scripts, so there will be examples to learn from.

Other stuff is programming related. I won't teach programming.  [psycho2]

By the way, bot scripting is using python language.

Mindee-BOT creator, founder and developer.

Offline Svennebanan

• Bug
  • Cookies 0
  • I love Mindee-BOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2020, 10:48:10 PM »
 [youdontsay2]I don’t require learning me programming, but I want to use what I have donated for. This thing is very useful if you can write the right script. There is a few here who can use this script function properly. But I am getting very frustrated when everything goes wrong. The explanation you give in script list is no useful for me because I don’t understand it. Please give better explanations and if there others who can explain and help have been great nice!

Offline =Mindee=

• Commander Shepard
  • Dragon
  • Cookies 9020
  • We'll bang, OKAY?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2020, 11:02:18 PM »
[youdontsay2]I don’t require learning me programming, but I want to use what I have donated for. This thing is very useful if you can write the right script. There is a few here who can use this script function properly. But I am getting very frustrated when everything goes wrong. The explanation you give in script list is no useful for me because I don’t understand it. Please give better explanations and if there others who can explain and help have been great nice!

As I said, you need to know a bit of programming (python language) to understand bot scripting. Callbacks/events are called when something happens in bot and you need to use these callbacks to do stuff like call available methods/functions.

For example, callback "def onKilledEnemy(name, templateId):" is called in bot when char kills a monster.
If you put script.StatusMessage('Killed: ' + name) method after it, bot will always broadcast a monster name when you kill it.

Code: [Select]
def onKilledEnemy(name, templateId):
    script.StatusMessage('Killed: ' + name)

List of callbacks and functions is provided. You just need to use them. If you can't, then you need to wait until I or someone else will share ready to use scripts.

Better explanation = teaching programming.

Just next time don't buy something blindly if you don't know what it is.

Offline Svennebanan

• Bug
  • Cookies 0
  • I love Mindee-BOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2020, 01:12:13 AM »
Yea I am getting to learn python programming. I have little experience with programming so I think is not to be a problem. I just need to learn the language and learn to define events and methods. I think when more examples comes up and been shared I will be available to se how to use callbacks/events. But you have right I should be waiting but if you are not forced to make it work you will never learn you. You have always been delivered good products with excellent update so that’s why I bought directly.  [drevil2]

Offline =Mindee=

• Commander Shepard
  • Dragon
  • Cookies 9020
  • We'll bang, OKAY?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2020, 05:39:46 AM »
 [ummmm]

Offline MikeOwh

• Administrator
  • Wolf
  • Cookies 10001
  • The DemonLord himself.
    • View Profile
    • OwhTool
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2020, 11:27:41 AM »
Yea I am getting to learn python programming. I have little experience with programming so I think is not to be a problem. I just need to learn the language and learn to define events and methods. I think when more examples comes up and been shared I will be available to se how to use callbacks/events. But you have right I should be waiting but if you are not forced to make it work you will never learn you. You have always been delivered good products with excellent update so that’s why I bought directly.  [drevil2]
Load the waypoints of Aurea + Mino and try to understand it.  Once you understand that.  Try to do the same, kill 5 mobs and sound an alarm.  Then you add things (change waypoints, go to npc ...).

Offline =Mindee=

• Commander Shepard
  • Dragon
  • Cookies 9020
  • We'll bang, OKAY?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2020, 09:00:37 PM »
Load the waypoints of Aurea + Mino and try to understand it.  Once you understand that.  Try to do the same, kill 5 mobs and sound an alarm.  Then you add things (change waypoints, go to npc ...).

That script was updated, by the way.  [nowkiss]

Offline Svennebanan

• Bug
  • Cookies 0
  • I love Mindee-BOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2020, 12:33:37 PM »
That’s why I bought the scripts function! Mindee is very service minded! Thank you MINDEE and thank you DemonLord. For every time I tipped a command of the scripts then more been understanding!